By Faye Gaston
Councilman Eugene Faulk, liaison between the City County and the Utilities Board, presented the following Utilities Board report for the month of April 2021 at the Union Springs City Council meeting on May 4, 2021.
- Completed Work Orders assigned for Water, Sewer, and Gas
- Collected All samples required by ADEM and delivered them to the Lab
- Located Water, Sewer and Gas lines as assigned
- Read All Water and Gas meters
- Did turn offs for Non-Payments
- Actively working with Engineers to develop and implement long term plans for the Water, Sewer and Gas systems such as New Meters, New Tank locations, I and I reduction, Valve placement etc.
- No compliance issues or violations
- Produced 46,115,000 gallons of water and we have 13% Unaccounted for.
- Large Gas leak on Southern Springs Rd
- Worked with Barrett-Simpson Engineering on GIS mapping
- Discussed extending Sewer main down MLK
- The Utilities Board has agreed to share the cost of the ice machine