- CSCS Eagles win against Brooklane
- At the September 3, 2019 Union Springs City Council meeting, Mayor Saint T. Thomas, Jr. presented a plaque to Terronda Hooks. The plaque read: "The University of Alabama Certificate of Achievement, Terronda Hooks has completed all of the educational requirements of the Certification for Municipal Clerk Academy, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, August 30, 2019." It was signed by the program manager and dean of the College of Continuing Studies of the University of Alabama.
- Representing the senior citizens who attend the Nutrition Center in Union Springs, Tommie O'Neal and Faye Gaston presented a plaque to Leola Cobb at the retirement party for her held on August 30, 2019. The plaque reads: "Presented to Leola Cobb, Thank you for your nineteen years of service, August 9, 2000 - August 30, 2019, Best Wishes, Union Springs Nutrition Center." Senior citizens who attend the Nutrition Center five days a week were given opportunity to speak their appreciation for Mrs. Cobb, along with the many guests who also spoke their best wishes for this new season of her life.
- The Midway Senior Citizen Center celebrated three birthdays in July they were betty shepherd, Eddie Mae Mathews and Iona McMillan (not pictured). They celebrated with good food and beatiful gifts were given to the birthday ladies. Louise Banks, director and Jennie Davis, reporter.
- Tourism Council adds to Murals on Main Street